Thursday, July 19, 2012

Is that a baby in your belly, or are you just fat?

No I did not just eat a large plate
of spaghetti. I'm pregnant!
Most the time when I slip into workout clothes (or any form-fitting outfit) my natural reflex is to suck my tummy in and make it as flat as possible, but when I went to my first prenatal yoga class at five weeks I felt subconscious because my belly was so flat. It was the first time in my life I stuck my belly out! I was surrounded by big bellied women and I was jealous! I felt like I was in that old Twilight Zone episode where all the normal people have pig faces, and the average looking humans are the freaks.

Now I'm at 13 weeks and still all it looks like is I had one too many cream puffs. But I know I must suck it up (or out!) and embrace this body, right?

Will you just grow baby?! Grow, so mommy doesn't look like a fat arse. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. I never showed until about 6-7 months. I know you're excited, but in time you'll yearn for the flat belly. Don't rush it.

    ReplyDelete