Thursday, June 7, 2012

Labor pains

When I first saw the Gonal-F needle presented to me at the doctor's office, I thought this won't be so bad. It's only a small needle. But when you bring that needle home and cradle it in your hands it is a completely different story.

It's only what??
When I mused about the fear of turning my tummy into a brothel for needles (up to three pricks a night!) my husband's response was: "It's only pain."

After I resisted the urge to hit my darling husband, I told him I was going to ask my doctor for ploceba shots so he can experience this little "it's only pain" journey for himself.

And if this is the kind of comforting advice he's gonna give me as I try to squeeze a watermelon out of a lemon hole, hand me the gun now.

2 comments:

  1. I had our son Michael the day before my husband's birthday. Aroumd 6 PM when I was in hard labor, he had the bright idea to look at me and ask, "Can't you wait for 6 hours?" He still doesn't realize how lucky he is to be on the planet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy,

    Ha! The story in my family is that my father was watching a football game while my mom went into labor with me and he asked her if she could wait until the game was over (which she did!). When they walked into the hospital the doctor was like, "I'm so glad you guys came after that game." Men.

    ReplyDelete