Monday, April 23, 2012

A cure for the baby shower blues


Boys, I know exactly how you feel
I had yet another baby shower to attend and it's always a worry because I never know how I'm going to react until I'm there. I never want the mamma-to-be to feel weirded out or guilty over my own hardships- so I try not to let the tears flow during a party (I save that mess for my husband to clean up later). As I mentioned in another post, I discovered alcohol at baby showers is not my friend in this matter. But alcohol in massive amounts the night before is my new BFF!

I was concentrating so hard on not upchucking my previous night's partying- I didn't have time to feel sorry for myself. Hallelujah! The only downside- anyone at the shower that knew of my fertility troubles probably thought my lowered head, tummy holding, barely-enough-energy-to-pick-up-my-water-glass behavior was because I was sulky and depressed. But, alas, no, I was only massively hungover and trying not to spew on the mamma-to-be's pink shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment