Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cuddle fetish

Can't. Breathe.
When I arrive at a party or home where children are present, before I can say hello, a baby has been shoved into my arms. My friends must think I'm so desperate for a baby, I'll take whatever I can get. I do love holding babies but the second the kid starts wailing, I practically throw it back at it's parents.
But recently I was at a gathering where my friend brought over her newborn baby boy. He was a calm child who cuddled into my chest like a warm blanket.
As I held him, one of the girl's at the gathering informed me that when you hold a baby the "cuddle hormone", oxytocin, is released and it can stimulate pregnancy hormones. I held that child so tight to me, that when his mother finally pealed him off my chest, his hair was matted to his head in a sweaty mess. I had been holding onto that child for dear, fertile life!
Poor kid. I probably gave him some sort of complex... or an early boob fetish.

1 comment:

  1. I swear I feel the oxytocin pumping through my veins. I get this sense of wanting my chest to open up and swallow the kid with my heart. A boob fetish kids can get over- some sort of reverse Alien action, that would be traumatizing.

    ReplyDelete